Sunday, November 15, 2009

David Cox - November 09's Member of the Month


David has been a member with Anytime Fitness since April 09 and hasn’t been immune to the challenges we all face when looking to get in shape. With a busy schedule and little time to accomplish it, David knew that something had to change if he was going to change the path his health was taking. At 253 lbs and heightened blood pressure, David knew that he had to take his health more serious. That’s when he decided to join Anytime Fitness. David also was at 26.7% body fat and was starting down the path of medication-supported health. After starting personal training with Kim Oliverson and working hard, David is now at 218lbs and his body fat is 17.6%! That is one awesome transformation! Way to go Dave!

What has changed since you started your fitness mission?
“My blood pressure has gone down and my heart rate has dropped. My recovering heart rate has doubled. My goal is to lift my own weight and I’m on my way to do this. I’ve been able to start mountain biking and I just finished a half marathon in September!”

What are some differences that you’ve noticed since starting?
“I’ve poked some holes in my belt, I’ve started getting more definition and I feel great. I move much easier and my aerobic workout has become much easier. I was going to wait to get my
new wardrobe until I reached my goal but that did not happen since I started losing so much weight. I was a 44 waist and now I’m a 36! My kids are noticing the changes.
What has stopped you in the past and what did you do to overcome it?
I have to say that my trainer, Kim Oliverson, was a big reason. He clarified many things that I was not aware of that I saw on The Biggest Loser. He made me realize that the expectations I was setting for myself off of the Biggest Loser were not realistic and the TV show does not depict the full picture and can confuse and misinform many people. I also made a year commitment with Kim because I knew it would hold me accountable instead of losing when I try it myself. I wanted to put my money where my mouth is. I was also looking for more balance instead of just working.

What is your favorite workout?
I like the pull-up machine. When I started I had to add the weight up to 130 lbs and now I can do just 25 lbs. I’m very close to my goal of lifting my own weight.
What advice would you give someone starting out?
The difference for me was training. You can do it on your own but it is much tougher. Kim helped me on my training while I worked hard on my diet. I was able to ask Kim questions to clarify all the information out there. I was able to bounce questions off of Kim on many areas. He also taught me how to carb load before my marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment